Study: Medicaid P4P needs good coordination between plans and providers
Pay for performance (P4P) can work in a Medicaid managed care setting-but only if plans place enough dollars at stake and communicate well with providers, researchers from Mathematica Policy Research reported in a Health Affairs Web exclusive1. Moreover, plans may need to bolster incentives or provide greater technical support to capitated providers who are not accustomed to reporting encounter data.
- Sharp HealthCare Leaves Pioneer ACO Program
- Acute Kidney Injury Gets New Focus
- CNO Leads $1M Charge for New Scrubs, Uniforms
- Interventional Radiology No Longer a Sub-Specialty
- NFP Hospitals' Revenue Growth at 'All-Time Low'
- Half of All Primary Care, Internal Medicine Jobs Unfilled in 2013
- PCI: Concerns Mount About Appropriateness
- MA an Insurance Proving Ground for Providers
- Transforming Cancer Care
- Targeting Self-Insured Populations