Why get involved in employee health management?
There are three major reasons why healthcare organizations and their marketers should get involved in employee health management. First is that sickness treatment-in contrast to health management-is getting to be a miserable business to be in. Payers are beginning to refuse-or at least are threatening to refuse-to pay for sickness care that is the result of provider errors, such as complications, misdiagnoses, mistreatment, or any other shouldn't-have-happened incidents of sickness.
- Primary Care Docs Average More Hospital Revenue Than Specialists
- 69% of Employers Plan to Offer Healthcare Coverage After 2014
- How Chargemaster Data May Affect Hospital Revenue
- Building a Better Healthcare Board
- Q&A: Catholic Health Initiatives' New Senior VP for Capital Finance
- ED Physicians Key to Half of Hospital Admissions
- Hospital Pricing Irks Nurses; More Jobs, Less Pay
- Insurer's App Aims to Lower Healthcare Costs, Securely
- Quiet ORs Better for Patient Safety
- CMS Seeks to 'Rapidly Reduce' Medicare Spending with $1B in Grants