Why get involved in employee health management?
There are three major reasons why healthcare organizations and their marketers should get involved in employee health management. First is that sickness treatment-in contrast to health management-is getting to be a miserable business to be in. Payers are beginning to refuse-or at least are threatening to refuse-to pay for sickness care that is the result of provider errors, such as complications, misdiagnoses, mistreatment, or any other shouldn't-have-happened incidents of sickness.
- CEO Exchange: Preparing for Population Health
- Advocate, NorthShore Deal Would Create 16-Hospital System
- Better HCAHPS Scores Protect Revenue
- 3 Strategies for Retaining Millennial Employees
- Narrow Networks Cut Costs, Not Quality, Economists Say
- Power of price: In South FL and the nation, healthcare costs often are shrouded in secrecy
- Two NY hospitals to offer free hip and knee replacement surgeries for qualifying patients in December
- Hospital mergers may lead to higher prices
- Healthcare data of 1 million NJ patients compromised since 2009
- CEO Exchange: Pressure is On to Partner, Drive Quality