Why get involved in employee health management?
There are three major reasons why healthcare organizations and their marketers should get involved in employee health management. First is that sickness treatment-in contrast to health management-is getting to be a miserable business to be in. Payers are beginning to refuse-or at least are threatening to refuse-to pay for sickness care that is the result of provider errors, such as complications, misdiagnoses, mistreatment, or any other shouldn't-have-happened incidents of sickness.
- CVS Ramps Up Retail Clinics with Provider Affiliations
- 4 Tectonic Shifts Shaking Up Healthcare
- Medical Errors Third Leading Cause of Death, Senators Told
- As States Regulate Provider Competition, Common Threads Emerge
- Chronic Disease Care Costs Get Bipartisan Attention
- CareFirst Announces PCMH Program Results
- Mayo Tops U.S. News Best Hospitals Rankings
- Hospitals Seeking to Understand PPACA Impact Turn to Data
- Telemedicine Providers Welcome AMA Guidelines
- Roundtable: Life After a Healthcare Organization Acquisition