Why get involved in employee health management?
There are three major reasons why healthcare organizations and their marketers should get involved in employee health management. First is that sickness treatment-in contrast to health management-is getting to be a miserable business to be in. Payers are beginning to refuse-or at least are threatening to refuse-to pay for sickness care that is the result of provider errors, such as complications, misdiagnoses, mistreatment, or any other shouldn't-have-happened incidents of sickness.
- Surgical Checklists Unused in 10% of Hospitals, CMS Data Shows
- Doctors Feel Pressure to Accept Risk-based Reimbursement
- 3 Insider Tips on Cutting Costs without Strangling Growth
- 4 Tectonic Shifts Shaking Up Healthcare
- As Medicare Advantage Cuts Loom, Disagreement Over Program's Stability
- A Fresh Look at End-of-Life Care
- Roundtable: To Arrest HAIs, Culture Trumps Campaigns
- Heart Attack Patient Costs Skyrocket Beyond 30 Days
- 3 in 4 Patients Want E-mail Consultations
- ACGME Chief Sees 'Huge' Risk of Error in Proposed Assistant Physician Licensure