Why get involved in employee health management?
There are three major reasons why healthcare organizations and their marketers should get involved in employee health management. First is that sickness treatment-in contrast to health management-is getting to be a miserable business to be in. Payers are beginning to refuse-or at least are threatening to refuse-to pay for sickness care that is the result of provider errors, such as complications, misdiagnoses, mistreatment, or any other shouldn't-have-happened incidents of sickness.
- 'Kafkaesque' Value System Unfairly Penalizes Doctor Pay
- mHealth Tackles Readmissions
- Proton Beam Therapy Poised for Growth in US
- CNO Leads $1M Charge for New Scrubs, Uniforms
- Targeting Self-Insured Populations
- MA an Insurance Proving Ground for Providers
- Some Cancer Hospitals' Quality Data Will Soon Be Public
- 4 Crucial Tactics for Reining in Healthcare Cost
- How Digital Strategy Shapes Patient Engagement at Boston Children's Hospital
- Docs Fret as HHS Addresses Malpractice Reporting 'Loopholes'