Understand the rights of disabled employees under the Americans with Disabilities Act
Although the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) has been a factor in the workplace since 1990, many office managers and administrators still have misconceptions about what the law requires. Unfortunately, many practices don't take the time to understand the ADA until it's too late and they're faced with a lawsuit, according to Tom Ealey, associate professor of business administration at Alma (MI) College.
- Readmissions: No Quick Fix to Costly Hospital Challenge
- How Top-Ranked MA Plans Earn Their Stars
- How Hospitals Can Become 'Upstreamists'
- 4 Ways to Lower the Cost to Collect from Self-Pay Patients
- House Calls Key to Pioneer ACO Success
- How Telehealth Pays Off for Providers, Patients
- 4 Tips for Managing Employed Physicians
- Defensive Medicine Still Prevalent Despite Tort Reform
- WellPoint Dominates Nearly Half of Markets, AMA Says
- 'Overtreatment' Debate Circles Back to Lung Cancer Screening