Sizing up the competition to stay ahead of the game
What a practice needs to know about the most prevalent forces in the marketplace People are shopping for healthcare now the way they would a car. They size up what each model offers, the price ranges, the features, how well it fits into their lifestyle, and whether the dealer offers any money back. Practices thus have to become proactive about attracting patients by offering unique service lines and better customer service and being transparent about their prices. One large practice leading the way is the Torrance, CA-based HealthCare Partners Medical Group, whose efforts to increase pricing transparency were recently highlighted in an article in the Los Angeles Times.
- mHealth Tackles Readmissions
- 'Kafkaesque' Value System Unfairly Penalizes Doctor Pay
- CNO Leads $1M Charge for New Scrubs, Uniforms
- Targeting Self-Insured Populations
- MA an Insurance Proving Ground for Providers
- Proton Beam Therapy Poised for Growth in US
- Sharp HealthCare Leaves Pioneer ACO Program
- Some Cancer Hospitals' Quality Data Will Soon Be Public
- Half of All Primary Care, Internal Medicine Jobs Unfilled in 2013
- Docs Fret as HHS Addresses Malpractice Reporting 'Loopholes'