Outpatient care centers have flooded the healthcare landscape with steady growth for the past 20 years. "It's an exciting time for ambulatory care, and anything you do in the market needs to be predicated on always asking what the customer wants," says John Couris, now chief operating officer (COO) of Morton Plant North Bay Hospital in New Port Richey, FL, after six years as the vice president for ambulatory care for the facility's four-hospital parent system, Morton Plant Mease Health Care.
- CMS Sets 2014 Pay Rates for Hospital Outpatient and Physician Services
- FDA hopes hospitals will switch to newly regulated pharmacies
- The 5 Biggest Healthcare Finance Trouble Spots
- Not-for-Profit Hospitals Find Opportunity Amid Uncertainty
- Nonprofit Hospital Outlook 'Negative' in 2014
- The Most Polarizing Topics in Healthcare IT
- Are ACOs Really Different from HMOs?
- How CPOE Will Make Healthcare Smarter
- Why You Should Involve Patients in Nursing Handoffs
- Rise of the Chief Strategy Officer