Look for an accountant with healthcare experience
Choosing an external accountant is all about comfort level and healthcare knowledge. A healthy, trusting relationship between the practice and accountant is important. Kim Kruger, CMM, of Auburn Family Health Center, PC, in Auburn, NE, who once performed the quarterly payroll duties at the health center, now communicates regularly with the practice's accountant. Kruger says the accountant is always responsive to her calls-a key to any successful business relationship. "She makes me feel like I'm her only client," says Kruger.
- Half of All Primary Care, Internal Medicine Jobs Unfilled in 2013
- How Digital Strategy Shapes Patient Engagement at Boston Children's Hospital
- CFO Exchange: Smartphones Poised to Disrupt Healthcare, Says Topol
- CNO on Hospital Redesign: 'You Can't Over-Communicate'
- Some Cancer Hospitals' Quality Data Will Soon Be Public
- CA Powers Up $80M HIE to 'Create Value in the Data'
- TJC Warns Hospitals of Deadly Medical Tubing Mistakes
- 3 Traits Personality Assessments Can't Reveal
- PA Ranks See 'Phenomenal Growth,' Lack of Diversity
- Carondelet to Pay $35M to Settle Fraud Allegations