Finding information and market planning
Editor's note: The following is an excerpt from The Complete Guide to Hospital Marketing, a new book from healthcare marketing expert Patrick Buckley and HealthLeaders Media. In healthcare marketing, the information you need to draw a composite picture of your service area is much more difficult to come by than it is in other businesses. Even though healthcare is a multibillion-dollar industry, historically, hospitals have operated as a cottage industry. Marketers in industries other than healthcare are used to sharing a significant amount of competitive intelligence, something that is still emerging in healthcare marketing.
- Interventional Radiology No Longer a Sub-Specialty
- NFP Hospitals' Revenue Growth at 'All-Time Low'
- Acute Kidney Injury Gets New Focus
- Transforming Cancer Care
- Half of All Primary Care, Internal Medicine Jobs Unfilled in 2013
- Evidence-Based Practice and Nursing Research: Avoiding Confusion
- mHealth Tackles Readmissions
- CNO Leads $1M Charge for New Scrubs, Uniforms
- Sharp HealthCare Leaves Pioneer ACO Program
- MA an Insurance Proving Ground for Providers