Cream of the crop
Wyoming Medical Center (WMC) in Casper employs nearly 150 physicians and 1,300 staff members. It's also beginning an $85 million expansion project that will add a new parking structure and a rehabilitation center to the grounds. At half WMC's size and seemingly a world away, King's Daughters Medical Center (KDMC) in Brookhaven, MS, is a 122-bed facility employing 500 staff members and more than 30 physicians and specialists. The hospital currently has plans to expand its ED, adding private rooms and a nine-bed ICU.
- CFO Exchange: Smartphones Poised to Disrupt Healthcare, Says Topol
- Consumerism Drives Healthcare Branding, Rebranding Efforts
- 3 Traits Personality Assessments Can't Reveal
- PA Ranks See 'Phenomenal Growth,' Lack of Diversity
- Antibiotic Overuse a 'Huge Threat' to Patient Safety, Says CDC
- CNO on Hospital Redesign: 'You Can't Over-Communicate'
- CFO Exchange: Healthcare Leaders Share 5 Innovative Ideas
- How Digital Strategy Shapes Patient Engagement at Boston Children's Hospital
- CHS Hacked, 4.5M Patient Records Compromised
- Carondelet to Pay $35M to Settle Fraud Allegations