Cream of the crop
Wyoming Medical Center (WMC) in Casper employs nearly 150 physicians and 1,300 staff members. It's also beginning an $85 million expansion project that will add a new parking structure and a rehabilitation center to the grounds. At half WMC's size and seemingly a world away, King's Daughters Medical Center (KDMC) in Brookhaven, MS, is a 122-bed facility employing 500 staff members and more than 30 physicians and specialists. The hospital currently has plans to expand its ED, adding private rooms and a nine-bed ICU.
- Senators Hear How Two-Midnight Rule Harms Patients, Hospitals
- 3 Management Lessons from a Supermarket Debacle
- Medicare Advantage Carriers See 'No Choice' But to Accept Cuts
- Physicians to Appeal 'Docs v. Glocks' Ruling in FL
- IOM Identifies GME Problems, Calls for Finance Changes
- Healthcare Costs Start With What We Eat
- Revenue Cycles Get a Boost from Simple JPEG Files
- Handshaking Spreads Germs. Get Over It.
- CA Fines 8 Hospitals for Medical Errors
- Hospitals Likely to Outsource ICD-10 at Launch