Track and manage disputed claims to prevent recurrence
Managing disputed claims costs provider organizations significant time and expense. Dallas-based Tenet Healthcare Corporation has taken some of the pain out of the process with a structured disputed claims management program that focuses on preventing recurrences. In the process, the company has recovered more than 50% of disputes from most of its top 10 managed care payers and nearly half of all other disputed claims. Tenet operates 57 hospitals in 12 states. Most use a centralized patient financial services (PFS) structure, with a central business office handling the hospitals in each of five regions, explains Terry Heichelheim, director of dispute management in the company's PFS department.
- 'Kafkaesque' Value System Unfairly Penalizes Doctor Pay
- Proton Beam Therapy Poised for Growth in US
- mHealth Tackles Readmissions
- CNO Leads $1M Charge for New Scrubs, Uniforms
- Some Cancer Hospitals' Quality Data Will Soon Be Public
- 4 Crucial Tactics for Reining in Healthcare Cost
- How Digital Strategy Shapes Patient Engagement at Boston Children's Hospital
- How, and Why, to Recruit Male Nurses
- Half of All Primary Care, Internal Medicine Jobs Unfilled in 2013
- Docs Fret as HHS Addresses Malpractice Reporting 'Loopholes'