Evaluate EHR license agreements before you buy
Editor's note: Part one of this "Ask the advisor" article addresses contracting issues related to entering and maintaining an electronic health records (EHR) license agreement. Part two, covering clauses that dictate termination of the agreement and the ensuing use of the EHR, will appear in next month's issue. This response is an expression of opinion or informal guidance and is not intended as legal advice. Please consult with an attorney who is familiar with your specific circumstances.
- Providers Lag as Consumers Set Agenda
- ICD-10 Delay Alters Provider, Vendor Prep
- Crisis Spurs Healthcare Payment Reform in Arkansas
- Esther Dyson Launches Population Health Challenge
- Look Beyond Nurse-Patient Ratios
- Payment Reform Naysayers 'Better Wake Up'
- HIT Leaders Want Flexibility, Transparency from Next HHS Chief
- Reduce Readmissions by Activating Patients to Do 'Self-Care'
- Hospital Groups Back NQF Report on Patient Sociodemographics
- As Hospitalist Patient Loads Rise, So Do Hospital Costs