Evaluate EHR license agreements before you buy
Editor's note: Part one of this "Ask the advisor" article addresses contracting issues related to entering and maintaining an electronic health records (EHR) license agreement. Part two, covering clauses that dictate termination of the agreement and the ensuing use of the EHR, will appear in next month's issue. This response is an expression of opinion or informal guidance and is not intended as legal advice. Please consult with an attorney who is familiar with your specific circumstances.
- Senators Hear How Two-Midnight Rule Harms Patients, Hospitals
- 3 Management Lessons from a Supermarket Debacle
- Handshaking Spreads Germs. Get Over It.
- Healthcare Costs Start With What We Eat
- Hospitals Likely to Outsource ICD-10 at Launch
- IOM Identifies GME Problems, Calls for Finance Changes
- CMS Confirms ICD-10 Deadline
- Anatomy of 3 Health System Rebranding Efforts
- Premium Subsidy Fight Creating Uncertainty for Hospitals, Health Plans
- Medicare Advantage Carriers See 'No Choice' But to Accept Cuts