Hospitals still searching for on-call pay solutions
Most hospitals no longer ask themselves whether they should compensate specialists for providing call coverage-instead they ask how to structure pay and how much to offer. Although executives are beginning to grasp the answers to these questions for a handful of specialties, overall most facilities are still struggling to find the balance between the hospital's budgetary constraints and physicians' desires to be paid for working the emergency department (ED).
- Patient Harm Data to Remain on Medicare's Hospital Compare Site
- CMS Seeks to 'Rapidly Reduce' Medicare Spending with $1B in Grants
- Quiet ORs Better for Patient Safety
- Hard-Nosed About Physician Teamwork
- Building a Better Healthcare Board
- Tavenner Confirmed as CMS Administrator
- Case Study: Advance Care Conversations
- Leapfrog Hospital Safety Scores 'Depressing'
- CMS Releases Hospital Pricing Data
- Esther Dyson's Population Health Dream