Hospitals still searching for on-call pay solutions
Most hospitals no longer ask themselves whether they should compensate specialists for providing call coverage-instead they ask how to structure pay and how much to offer. Although executives are beginning to grasp the answers to these questions for a handful of specialties, overall most facilities are still struggling to find the balance between the hospital's budgetary constraints and physicians' desires to be paid for working the emergency department (ED).
- Will More Pioneer ACOs Defect?
- Charity HealthCare Conundrum Brewing Among Providers
- MU Final Rule Disappoints Some CIOs
- Evidence-Based Practice and Nursing Research: Avoiding Confusion
- Interventional Radiology No Longer a Sub-Specialty
- NFP Hospitals' Revenue Growth at 'All-Time Low'
- CNO Leads $1M Charge for New Scrubs, Uniforms
- mHealth Tackles Readmissions
- Acute Kidney Injury Gets New Focus
- 'Terrible' Patient Becomes Dedicated Nurse