Surveys show flattening physician compensation
In the past few years the healthcare industry has developed an annual fall ritual: CMS proposes a cut to Medicare physician reimbursement rates, and providers and healthcare executives campaign aggressively to repeal the cuts, resulting in an 11th-hour payment freeze. This year it's a proposed 9.9% drop in physician reimbursement for 2008 that the industry's leaders are fighting to overturn.
- Senators Hear How Two-Midnight Rule Harms Patients, Hospitals
- 3 Management Lessons from a Supermarket Debacle
- Handshaking Spreads Germs. Get Over It.
- Healthcare Costs Start With What We Eat
- Hospitals Likely to Outsource ICD-10 at Launch
- IOM Identifies GME Problems, Calls for Finance Changes
- CMS Confirms ICD-10 Deadline
- Anatomy of 3 Health System Rebranding Efforts
- Premium Subsidy Fight Creating Uncertainty for Hospitals, Health Plans
- 2015 HIX Premium Hikes May Top 7%