HCAHPS: Gung ho or ho hum?
As this newsletter hits your desk, there are just four months before the federal government posts results from the first Hospital Consumer Assessment of Healthcare Providers and Systems (HCAHPS). The first nationwide measurement and public reporting of patient satisfaction levels is bound to have an effect on healthcare, but how much do you expect it to affect your job as a marketer? Depending on whom you talk to, the answer varies. There are hospital marketers who have detailed plans for how their department will respond to inquiries about their facility's HCAHPS scores.
- CEO Exchange: Preparing for Population Health
- Advocate, NorthShore Deal Would Create 16-Hospital System
- Better HCAHPS Scores Protect Revenue
- Narrow Networks Cut Costs, Not Quality, Economists Say
- 3 Strategies for Retaining Millennial Employees
- Power of price: In South FL and the nation, healthcare costs often are shrouded in secrecy
- Two NY hospitals to offer free hip and knee replacement surgeries for qualifying patients in December
- Hospital mergers may lead to higher prices
- 'Early Offer' Malpractice Programs May Spur Reform
- EHR Systems 'Immature, Costly,' AMA Says