HCAHPS: Gung ho or ho hum?
As this newsletter hits your desk, there are just four months before the federal government posts results from the first Hospital Consumer Assessment of Healthcare Providers and Systems (HCAHPS). The first nationwide measurement and public reporting of patient satisfaction levels is bound to have an effect on healthcare, but how much do you expect it to affect your job as a marketer? Depending on whom you talk to, the answer varies. There are hospital marketers who have detailed plans for how their department will respond to inquiries about their facility's HCAHPS scores.
- Surgical Checklists Unused in 10% of Hospitals, CMS Data Shows
- As Medicare Advantage Cuts Loom, Disagreement Over Program's Stability
- Doctors Feel Pressure to Accept Risk-based Reimbursement
- 3 Insider Tips on Cutting Costs without Strangling Growth
- 4 Tectonic Shifts Shaking Up Healthcare
- A Fresh Look at End-of-Life Care
- Heart Attack Patient Costs Skyrocket Beyond 30 Days
- 3 in 4 Patients Want E-mail Consultations
- ACGME Chief Sees 'Huge' Risk of Error in Proposed Assistant Physician Licensure
- Roundtable: To Arrest HAIs, Culture Trumps Campaigns