Realizing the potential of new media
One of the most crucial aspects of a hospital's marketing campaign is word-of-mouth marketing, and the soaring popularity of social-networking sites and alternative media means that hospitals across the country are using virtual megaphones to reach their intended audiences. The Internet has grown from its humble roots as an information source into a potentially massive, interactive marketing device as more and more hospitals reap the rewards of Web 2.0. According to Kathy Divis, president of Atlanta-based Greystone.net, social-networking sites are enjoying unprecedented popularity as part of a new, more interactive face of the Internet.
- Patient Harm Data to Remain on Medicare's Hospital Compare Site
- Quiet ORs Better for Patient Safety
- Leapfrog Hospital Safety Scores 'Depressing'
- Tavenner Confirmed as CMS Administrator
- Building a Better Healthcare Board
- CMS Seeks to 'Rapidly Reduce' Medicare Spending with $1B in Grants
- Rural Healthcare Can Entice the Best and Brightest
- Hard-Nosed About Physician Teamwork
- How Medical Debt Forgiveness Benefits Hospitals
- Healthcare Leaders Sound Off on Organized Labor