Network development requires new approach
Building a provider network is a different task today than it was just half a decade ago, but it's still required for competitive managed care products. Now, experts say, network construction isn't simply swapping lives for discounts. Rather, dental plans today must service their panel providers if they want to keep their members happy. "Network development has become more challenging over the last five years," says Richard Goren, DDS, second vice president of group dental at The Guardian Life Insurance Company of America in New York City.
- Antibiotic Overuse a 'Huge Threat' to Patient Safety, Says CDC
- CFO Exchange: Smartphones Poised to Disrupt Healthcare, Says Topol
- Consumerism Drives Healthcare Branding, Rebranding Efforts
- 3 Traits Personality Assessments Can't Reveal
- PA Ranks See 'Phenomenal Growth,' Lack of Diversity
- CHS Hacked, 4.5M Patient Records Compromised
- CFO Exchange: Healthcare Leaders Share 5 Innovative Ideas
- Business Roundup: M&A Activity Down Slightly in First Half of 2014
- CNO on Hospital Redesign: 'You Can't Over-Communicate'
- Large Employers Trimming Healthcare Spending