Principal's network buy poses risks, benefits
The Principal Financial Group in Des Moines, IA, has acquired Diversified Dental Services (DDS), Inc., a Nevada-based independent dental PPO (DPPO). Although such a tactic for network building is quicker than assembling a panel from scratch, it comes with its own set of challenges, experts say. Combining claims systems and, especially when the paired products are a DPPO and a dental HMO (DHMO), member services operations can be an especially tricky endeavor. The DDS acquisition furthers The Principal's national dental network strategy of offering more providers and better pricing for members and business partners, says Deanna Strable, senior vice president of the specialty benefits division there.
- Antibiotic Overuse a 'Huge Threat' to Patient Safety, Says CDC
- CFO Exchange: Smartphones Poised to Disrupt Healthcare, Says Topol
- Consumerism Drives Healthcare Branding, Rebranding Efforts
- 3 Traits Personality Assessments Can't Reveal
- PA Ranks See 'Phenomenal Growth,' Lack of Diversity
- CHS Hacked, 4.5M Patient Records Compromised
- CFO Exchange: Healthcare Leaders Share 5 Innovative Ideas
- Business Roundup: M&A Activity Down Slightly in First Half of 2014
- Large Employers Trimming Healthcare Spending
- CNO on Hospital Redesign: 'You Can't Over-Communicate'