How to pick a medical staff leader
In the coming months, hospitals will undertake the annual task of selecting medical staff leaders, those individuals who will shape policies, make critical decisions affecting the governance of the hospital, and provide steady leadership to the medical staff. Successful physician leadership selection begins by establishing a solid set of rules that outlines the selection process and by creating an environment that fosters growth and education for physicians who voluntarily step forward to take on this challenge.
- Patient Harm Data to Remain on Medicare's Hospital Compare Site
- Leapfrog Hospital Safety Scores 'Depressing'
- Quiet ORs Better for Patient Safety
- Tavenner Confirmed as CMS Administrator
- Building a Better Healthcare Board
- CMS Seeks to 'Rapidly Reduce' Medicare Spending with $1B in Grants
- Rural Healthcare Can Entice the Best and Brightest
- Hard-Nosed About Physician Teamwork
- How Medical Debt Forgiveness Benefits Hospitals
- Healthcare Leaders Sound Off on Organized Labor