How to pick a medical staff leader
In the coming months, hospitals will undertake the annual task of selecting medical staff leaders, those individuals who will shape policies, make critical decisions affecting the governance of the hospital, and provide steady leadership to the medical staff. Successful physician leadership selection begins by establishing a solid set of rules that outlines the selection process and by creating an environment that fosters growth and education for physicians who voluntarily step forward to take on this challenge.
- As Retail Clinics Surge, Quality Metrics MIA
- Providers' Push to Consolidate Roils Payers
- Former NQF Co-Chair Linked to Conflicts of Interest in Journal Probe
- 6 Not-So-Good Reasons for Avoiding Population Health
- Medicare Cost, Quality Data Tools Weak, Says GAO
- No Employee Satisfaction, No Patient-Centered Culture
- RN Named Chief Patient Experience Officer
- Population Health Pays Off for NY Collaborative
- In PCMH, the 'P' is Not for 'Physician'
- How Simple Data Analytics is Driving Physician Incentives