Healthcare Cost Control: A Better Way
Is rationing required to control healthcare costs? No. Not if you define rationing as denying care to a particular person with a specific illness. That is neither necessary nor even possible given our healthcare system or our legal system. Dr. Donald Berwick?s appointment as CMS Director may be a hoped-for step towards adopting the British system by some, but it won?t work.
- ICD-10: Minimizing the Financial Hit
- Hospital Compare Adds Infection, Stroke, Readmissions Data
- 3 Favorite Nursing Trends of 2013
- How One Provider is Saving Millions on Imaging Equipment
- SLIDESHOW: HL20 — 20 People Who Are Making a Difference in Healthcare - 2013
- HIT in 2014: Portal Perils and Half-Built Houses
- State Health Disparities Trace Medicaid Expansion
- Q&A: Banner CEO on 'Getting the Cost Out'
- Healthcare Unions Eye Gains in 2014
- AMCs React to Being Shut Out of Some Exchange Plans