Herman named COO of Harvard Pilgrim Health Care
Dr. Roberta Herman of Concord has been appointed chief operating officer of Harvard Pilgrim Health Care. She previously served as the company’s chief medical officer.
In her new role, Herman is responsible for company-wide operations, which includes sales and customer service, product development, provider network, medical management, marketing and communications. She also oversees the research and teaching activities of the Harvard Pilgrim Institute.
“Dr. Herman is uniquely qualified to help guide Harvard Pilgrim into the future,” said Eric H. Schultz, president and CEO of Harvard Pilgrim.
- As Medicare Advantage Cuts Loom, Disagreement Over Program's Stability
- Surgical Checklists Unused in 10% of Hospitals, CMS Data Shows
- Doctors Feel Pressure to Accept Risk-based Reimbursement
- A Fresh Look at End-of-Life Care
- Heart Attack Patient Costs Skyrocket Beyond 30 Days
- 3 in 4 Patients Want E-mail Consultations
- 3 Insider Tips on Cutting Costs without Strangling Growth
- ACGME Chief Sees 'Huge' Risk of Error in Proposed Assistant Physician Licensure
- 4 Tectonic Shifts Shaking Up Healthcare
- CVS Ramps Up Retail Clinics with Provider Affiliations