Blumenthal: 2013 meaningful use to ramp up HIE, decision support
Dr. David Blumenthal, the national health IT coordinator, sent a strong signal to healthcare providers and vendors to expect more complex requirements for health information exchange and clinical decision support tools to be among forthcoming requirements for the next stage of meaningful use.
The Office of the National Coordinator for Health IT is now beginning to do “early reconnaissance” around development of stage 2 meaningful use requirements, according to Blumenthal.
- Surgical Checklists Unused in 10% of Hospitals, CMS Data Shows
- As Medicare Advantage Cuts Loom, Disagreement Over Program's Stability
- Doctors Feel Pressure to Accept Risk-based Reimbursement
- 3 Insider Tips on Cutting Costs without Strangling Growth
- 4 Tectonic Shifts Shaking Up Healthcare
- A Fresh Look at End-of-Life Care
- Heart Attack Patient Costs Skyrocket Beyond 30 Days
- 3 in 4 Patients Want E-mail Consultations
- ACGME Chief Sees 'Huge' Risk of Error in Proposed Assistant Physician Licensure
- Roundtable: To Arrest HAIs, Culture Trumps Campaigns