Baby born during GNGH bomb scare
While Nikolas and Peter Rigas' baby brother was entering the world at GNGH, a bomb disposal robot was headed into the hospital.
The discovery of a suspicious package – police described it as a suitcase or brief case – forced Greater Niagara General Hospital, police and firefighters to clear people out of the hospital and shut down traffic in the neighbourhood for three hours.
Hospital security called Niagara Regional Police at about 5:09 p.m., to report a suspicious package in the main entrance off Portage Rd.
- Resisting the Healthcare Consolidation Frenzy
- MGMA Urges 'End-to-End' ICD-10 Testing
- 1 in 5 CT Screenings for Lung Cancer Results in Overdiagnosis
- New G-Codes to Pay Doctors for Broad Array of Non-Face-to-Face Care
- Scary Financial Challenges for 2014
- Give Nurses in Wheelchairs a Chance
- MU Compliance Announcement Sparks Concern, Confusion
- 3 Better Ways to Market Bariatric Surgery
- HL20: George Halvorson—Expectations for Success
- Top 3 Health Plan Game Changers of 2013