Opinion: Chester shoot-out violence hurts us all
The outrage is unanimous. An emergency room is where people go to get saved. Monday in Chester, it is where gunshots killed somebody.
Monday morning after midnight, a shoot-out at a Chester nightclub less than a mile from the hospital injured several people. A few minutes later the fracas turned into a shooting outside the Chester Regional Medical Center's emergency room where the victims of the first shoot-out had gone for treatment. When it was all over, two young men, black males, ages 20 and 24, were dead.
And Tuesday, that same emergency room is where police detectives combed the area, around stunned visitors and family members.
- New G-Codes to Pay Doctors for Broad Array of Non-Face-to-Face Care
- CMS Sets 2014 Pay Rates for Hospital Outpatient and Physician Services
- Telehealth Improves Patient Care in ICUs
- Hospital M&A Volume Up, Value Down in 3Q
- MU Compliance Announcement Sparks Concern, Confusion
- Small Doesn't Mean Doomed
- Douglas Hawthorne—A Chance to Do Something Big
- The 5 Biggest Healthcare Finance Trouble Spots
- States Rejecting Medicaid Expansion Forgo Billions in Federal Funds
- Why You Should Involve Patients in Nursing Handoffs