Opinion: Chester shoot-out violence hurts us all
The outrage is unanimous. An emergency room is where people go to get saved. Monday in Chester, it is where gunshots killed somebody.
Monday morning after midnight, a shoot-out at a Chester nightclub less than a mile from the hospital injured several people. A few minutes later the fracas turned into a shooting outside the Chester Regional Medical Center's emergency room where the victims of the first shoot-out had gone for treatment. When it was all over, two young men, black males, ages 20 and 24, were dead.
And Tuesday, that same emergency room is where police detectives combed the area, around stunned visitors and family members.
- 'Kafkaesque' Value System Unfairly Penalizes Doctor Pay
- Proton Beam Therapy Poised for Growth in US
- mHealth Tackles Readmissions
- CNO Leads $1M Charge for New Scrubs, Uniforms
- Some Cancer Hospitals' Quality Data Will Soon Be Public
- Targeting Self-Insured Populations
- MA an Insurance Proving Ground for Providers
- 4 Crucial Tactics for Reining in Healthcare Cost
- How Digital Strategy Shapes Patient Engagement at Boston Children's Hospital
- How, and Why, to Recruit Male Nurses