San Antonio Community Hospital implements new ER service
San Antonio Community Hospital has implemented a new service that will get emergency patients "in quicker."
The service, InQuickER, has been up and running for the past couple of weeks and is expected to benefit people with nonlife-threatening emergencies.
"It's a pretty unique service, and it's growing," said Lisa Ciccanti, director of marketing for the hospital.
InQuickER allows patients to make an appointment for the emergency room online. Although the service does not cut down the emergency room wait, it allows patients to wait in the comfort of their own homes.
- mHealth Tackles Readmissions
- 'Kafkaesque' Value System Unfairly Penalizes Doctor Pay
- CNO Leads $1M Charge for New Scrubs, Uniforms
- Targeting Self-Insured Populations
- MA an Insurance Proving Ground for Providers
- Sharp HealthCare Leaves Pioneer ACO Program
- Some Cancer Hospitals' Quality Data Will Soon Be Public
- Proton Beam Therapy Poised for Growth in US
- Docs Fret as HHS Addresses Malpractice Reporting 'Loopholes'
- Half of All Primary Care, Internal Medicine Jobs Unfilled in 2013