Usual suspects top IHA's roster of California medical groups
The Integrated Healthcare Association has come out with its annual list of the “top performing” physician groups in California, and it includes few surprises.
Once again, Bay Area groups like Hill Physicians Medical Group, Kaiser Permanente’s Permanente Medical Groups, Affinity Medical Group and Sutter Health’s Palo Alto Medical Foundation were tops in the Bay Area, according to Oakland-based IHA. Kaiser also did well elsewhere in the Golden State, as did Hill Physicians (in the Sacramento area).
Other top Sacramento performers included Mercy Medical Group/CHW Medical Foundation -- part of the San Francisco-based Catholic Healthcare West system -- and Sutter Medical Group and Sutter West Medical Group, affiliates of Sacramento-based Sutter.
Conspicuously missing from the Northern California tally of top groups: San Francisco’s Brown & Toland Physicians.
- No Employee Satisfaction, No Patient-Centered Culture
- RN Named Chief Patient Experience Officer
- As Retail Clinics Surge, Quality Metrics MIA
- AMA Pushes Lame Duck Congress for SGR Repeal
- How Simple Data Analytics is Driving Physician Incentives
- Medicare Cost, Quality Data Tools Weak, Says GAO
- How Payers Are Curbing Behavioral-Health Cost Drivers
- Medicare to Finally Pay Doctors for Care They Were Giving Away
- Quality in Ambulatory Surgical Settings Gets a Closer Look
- Population Health Pays Off for NY Collaborative