CAMC (WV) looking to pare payroll
Charleston Area Medical Center will be reducing jobs, leaving open positions unfilled and cutting hours and overtime to trim $15 million from its budget by the end of 2011.
Hospital officials could not yet say the specific number of positions that will be affected.
CAMC operates three hospitals in Charleston - General, Memorial and Women and Children's - and a fourth in Teays Valley.
The hospitals plans to cut about 1.8 percent of the hospital's $825 million budget, namely $15 million in labor costs, said a CAMC official Monday.
- Will More Pioneer ACOs Defect?
- Charity HealthCare Conundrum Brewing Among Providers
- Interventional Radiology No Longer a Sub-Specialty
- MU Final Rule Disappoints Some CIOs
- Evidence-Based Practice and Nursing Research: Avoiding Confusion
- NFP Hospitals' Revenue Growth at 'All-Time Low'
- CNO Leads $1M Charge for New Scrubs, Uniforms
- Acute Kidney Injury Gets New Focus
- mHealth Tackles Readmissions
- Transforming Cancer Care