Physicians will manage but not own Kearney (NE) hospital
It appears Kearney won't have a physician-owned hospital, but it will have a physician-managed hospital.
Cardiologist Sean Denney confirmed Thursday the physician investors of Kearney Regional Medical Center will transfer ownership of their corporation to Kansas-based MDM Corp.
MDM Corp. operates imaging centers in Kansas and Oregon and hospitals in Salina and Manhattan, Kan. Its partners are Joe Hlavacek, A.J. Schwarz and Ward Schraeder.
- 3 Management Lessons from a Supermarket Debacle
- Medicare Advantage Carriers See 'No Choice' But to Accept Cuts
- As Medicare Advantage Cuts Loom, Disagreement Over Program's Stability
- Physicians to Appeal 'Docs v. Glocks' Ruling in FL
- Centralizing the Revenue Cycle Protects the Bottom Line
- CA Fines 8 Hospitals for Medical Errors
- IOM Identifies GME Problems, Calls for Finance Changes
- Revenue Cycles Get a Boost from Simple JPEG Files
- Senators Hear How Two-Midnight Rule Harms Patients, Hospitals
- Healthcare Costs Start With What We Eat