New CEO takes over at Wuesthoff
As he takes over the top job at Wuesthoff Health System, Steven Patonai hopes to end the long competitive friction with health
"I'm approaching it by coming in without the history," said Wuesthoff's new chief executive officer, referring to the ongoing antitrust dispute between the two providers. "I'm focusing on moving forward and on opportunities to work together."
The 54-year-old Patonai succeeds Emil Miller, the past CEO of Wuesthoff today as the $145 million sale to Health Management Associates becomes official.
- Drug Pricing 'Tantamount to Greed,' Lawmaker Says
- Surgical Checklists Unused in 10% of Hospitals, CMS Data Shows
- The Infection-Busting Treatment Payers Don’t Want to Talk About
- Wanted: Nurse PhDs
- CVS Ramps Up Retail Clinics with Provider Affiliations
- 4 Tectonic Shifts Shaking Up Healthcare
- Study Puts Spotlight on Preventing Fall-Related Injuries
- Doctors Feel Pressure to Accept Risk-based Reimbursement
- Ascension, Carondelet to Partner with Tenet, Dignity Health
- Rural Means Older and Sicker, Data Confirms