New CEO takes over at Wuesthoff
As he takes over the top job at Wuesthoff Health System, Steven Patonai hopes to end the long competitive friction with health
"I'm approaching it by coming in without the history," said Wuesthoff's new chief executive officer, referring to the ongoing antitrust dispute between the two providers. "I'm focusing on moving forward and on opportunities to work together."
The 54-year-old Patonai succeeds Emil Miller, the past CEO of Wuesthoff today as the $145 million sale to Health Management Associates becomes official.
- CFO Exchange: Smartphones Poised to Disrupt Healthcare, Says Topol
- Consumerism Drives Healthcare Branding, Rebranding Efforts
- PA Ranks See 'Phenomenal Growth,' Lack of Diversity
- CNO on Hospital Redesign: 'You Can't Over-Communicate'
- How Digital Strategy Shapes Patient Engagement at Boston Children's Hospital
- 3 Traits Personality Assessments Can't Reveal
- Antibiotic Overuse a 'Huge Threat' to Patient Safety, Says CDC
- Half of All Primary Care, Internal Medicine Jobs Unfilled in 2013
- Carondelet to Pay $35M to Settle Fraud Allegations
- CHS Hacked, 4.5M Patient Records Compromised