New CEO takes over at Wuesthoff
As he takes over the top job at Wuesthoff Health System, Steven Patonai hopes to end the long competitive friction with health
"I'm approaching it by coming in without the history," said Wuesthoff's new chief executive officer, referring to the ongoing antitrust dispute between the two providers. "I'm focusing on moving forward and on opportunities to work together."
The 54-year-old Patonai succeeds Emil Miller, the past CEO of Wuesthoff today as the $145 million sale to Health Management Associates becomes official.
- 'Mega Boards' Could be Rural Healthcare Disruptor
- 1 in 5 Eligible Hospitals Penalized for HACs
- HL20: Rebecca Katz—Cooking Up Sustainable Nourishment
- Meaningful Use Payment Adjustments Begin
- HL20: Peter Semczuk, DDS, MPH—Taking on the Big Challenges
- PA hospital to pay $662,000 to settle Medicare fraud case
- Supreme Court to hear Obamacare subsidy challenge in March
- Dr. Oz gets fact-checked and the results aren't pretty
- How the high cost of medical care is affecting Americans
- Why single payer died in VT