New CEO takes over at Wuesthoff
As he takes over the top job at Wuesthoff Health System, Steven Patonai hopes to end the long competitive friction with health
"I'm approaching it by coming in without the history," said Wuesthoff's new chief executive officer, referring to the ongoing antitrust dispute between the two providers. "I'm focusing on moving forward and on opportunities to work together."
The 54-year-old Patonai succeeds Emil Miller, the past CEO of Wuesthoff today as the $145 million sale to Health Management Associates becomes official.
- EHR Systems 'Immature, Costly,' AMA Says
- Better HCAHPS Scores Protect Revenue
- Narrow Networks Cut Costs, Not Quality, Economists Say
- CEO Exchange: Preparing for Population Health
- Interstate Medical Licensure Effort Advances
- Anthem Blue Cross, 7 CA Health Systems Create New Challenger, Business Model
- 'Early Offer' Malpractice Programs May Spur Reform
- How to Build a Health Plan from Scratch
- 3 Strategies for Retaining Millennial Employees
- Advocate, NorthShore Deal Would Create 16-Hospital System