New CEO takes over at Wuesthoff
As he takes over the top job at Wuesthoff Health System, Steven Patonai hopes to end the long competitive friction with health
"I'm approaching it by coming in without the history," said Wuesthoff's new chief executive officer, referring to the ongoing antitrust dispute between the two providers. "I'm focusing on moving forward and on opportunities to work together."
The 54-year-old Patonai succeeds Emil Miller, the past CEO of Wuesthoff today as the $145 million sale to Health Management Associates becomes official.
- MU Compliance Announcement Sparks Concern, Confusion
- New G-Codes to Pay Doctors for Broad Array of Non-Face-to-Face Care
- CMS Sets 2014 Pay Rates for Hospital Outpatient and Physician Services
- Telehealth Improves Patient Care in ICUs
- Douglas Hawthorne—A Chance to Do Something Big
- Hospital M&A Volume Up, Value Down in 3Q
- Small Doesn't Mean Doomed
- States Rejecting Medicaid Expansion Forgo Billions in Federal Funds
- The 5 Biggest Healthcare Finance Trouble Spots
- LifePoint Bolsters Presence in Michigan's Upper Peninsula