Crash kills prominent Texas burn surgeon
Dr. Gary Purdue, chief of the burn section at the University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center at Dallas and co-director of the Parkland Memorial Hospital burn unit in Dallas for 22 years, has died in a motorcycle crash. He was 65.
A Dallas police report says Purdue died Sunday when a car slammed into the motorcycle he was driving on a north Dallas street Sunday morning. No arrest was made, but the police report shows the car's driver under investigation for possibly being intoxicated.
- Healthcare Leaders Seek Strategic Sweet Spot
- 3 Reasons Wellness Programs Fail
- CMS Issues Health Insurance Exchange Proposed Rules
- Patients Shoulder Nearly 25% of Medical Bills
- ACOs Widespread, Yet Challenged
- MGMA: Physician Compensation Increasingly Based on Quality Measures
- 6 CNO-to-CEO Strategies
- HFMA: Patient Financial Interaction Guidelines Sharpened
- PwC: Pace of Rising Medical Costs Slowing
- Hacking Healthcare is Fred Trotter's Passion