New owner, same name for now; CHS (OH) begins forum review process
Don’t expect to see new signs with a new corporate name go up anytime soon at Northside Medical Center, Trumbull Memorial Hospital or Hillside Rehabilitation Hospital.
Any such changes, if they came about, would take place further down the road, according to officials with the hospitals' new corporate parent, Community Health Systems Inc.
CHS, based in Franklin, Tenn., completed its purchase Friday of the assets of Forum Health Inc., which operated Trumbull, in Howland, Northside, in Youngstown, and Hillside, in Howland, along with other operations and services run by Forum. The local hospitals join more than 120 other hospitals the publicly traded company owns.
- Surgical Checklists Unused in 10% of Hospitals, CMS Data Shows
- Doctors Feel Pressure to Accept Risk-based Reimbursement
- Roundtable: To Arrest HAIs, Culture Trumps Campaigns
- Wanted: Nurse PhDs
- 4 Tectonic Shifts Shaking Up Healthcare
- Slideshow: Healthcare Leaders Name IT Spending Priorities
- A Fresh Look at End-of-Life Care
- 3 in 4 Patients Want E-mail Consultations
- New Orleans East Hospital opens quietly, still seeking accreditation
- CVS Ramps Up Retail Clinics with Provider Affiliations