New owner, same name for now; CHS (OH) begins forum review process
Don’t expect to see new signs with a new corporate name go up anytime soon at Northside Medical Center, Trumbull Memorial Hospital or Hillside Rehabilitation Hospital.
Any such changes, if they came about, would take place further down the road, according to officials with the hospitals' new corporate parent, Community Health Systems Inc.
CHS, based in Franklin, Tenn., completed its purchase Friday of the assets of Forum Health Inc., which operated Trumbull, in Howland, Northside, in Youngstown, and Hillside, in Howland, along with other operations and services run by Forum. The local hospitals join more than 120 other hospitals the publicly traded company owns.
- CVS Ramps Up Retail Clinics with Provider Affiliations
- Drug Pricing 'Tantamount to Greed,' Lawmaker Says
- Wanted: Nurse PhDs
- Contradictory Obamacare Rulings Issued by Appellate Courts
- Study Puts Spotlight on Preventing Fall-Related Injuries
- As HIPAA Breaches Accelerate, Tools Lag
- 4 Tectonic Shifts Shaking Up Healthcare
- The Infection-Busting Treatment Payers Don’t Want to Talk About
- Roundtable: Life After a Healthcare Organization Acquisition
- Medical Errors Third Leading Cause of Death, Senators Told