Levine foundation to give $20 million for cancer center
In its largest gift ever to a Charlotte institution, the Leon Levine Foundation will announce today a gift of $20 million to Carolinas HealthCare System to create a cancer institute that will bring higher levels of care to communities across the Carolinas.
Although headquartered in Charlotte, the new Levine Cancer Institute will expand access to cancer specialists, treatment, research and support services for patients served by 32 hospitals owned or managed by Carolinas HealthCare, the third-largest public hospital system in the country.
- NFP Hospitals' Revenue Growth at 'All-Time Low'
- Transforming Cancer Care
- CNO Leads $1M Charge for New Scrubs, Uniforms
- Acute Kidney Injury Gets New Focus
- Interventional Radiology No Longer a Sub-Specialty
- Half of All Primary Care, Internal Medicine Jobs Unfilled in 2013
- Sharp HealthCare Leaves Pioneer ACO Program
- mHealth Tackles Readmissions
- Proton Beam Therapy Poised for Growth in US
- MA an Insurance Proving Ground for Providers