Charleston Area Medical Center hands out raises
Unlike steps taken by administrators at Thomas Memorial Hospital, Charleston Area Medical Center executives say pay cuts are currently not an option in the wake of recent efforts to reduce the health system's budget.
CAMC's top 16 executives received about $4.89 million in combined salaries in 2009 - an increase of about 3 percent from 2008, according to state Health Care Authority filings.
The health system's executives also received about $2.3 million in payouts in 2009, after cashing in retirement and deferred compensation packages, state records show.
- HCA to Acquire CareNow Urgent Care Centers
- Dental Board Case Before SCOTUS Has Far-Reaching Implications
- BCBS Tries New Drug Contracting Model
- Abington Health, Jefferson Health Plan '100% Equal' Merger
- 76% of Physicians Don't Like CMS Quality Reporting Programs
- The Case for Recycling Surgical Supplies
- Federal Appeals Court Mulls Observation Status
- Ballot Initiative Pits Providers Against Payers in SD
- Aetna Cuts 4 New Accountable Care Deals
- How the Military's EHR Reboot Will Impact Interoperability