Charleston Area Medical Center hands out raises
Unlike steps taken by administrators at Thomas Memorial Hospital, Charleston Area Medical Center executives say pay cuts are currently not an option in the wake of recent efforts to reduce the health system's budget.
CAMC's top 16 executives received about $4.89 million in combined salaries in 2009 - an increase of about 3 percent from 2008, according to state Health Care Authority filings.
The health system's executives also received about $2.3 million in payouts in 2009, after cashing in retirement and deferred compensation packages, state records show.
- Interventional Radiology No Longer a Sub-Specialty
- NFP Hospitals' Revenue Growth at 'All-Time Low'
- Acute Kidney Injury Gets New Focus
- Transforming Cancer Care
- Half of All Primary Care, Internal Medicine Jobs Unfilled in 2013
- Evidence-Based Practice and Nursing Research: Avoiding Confusion
- mHealth Tackles Readmissions
- CNO Leads $1M Charge for New Scrubs, Uniforms
- Sharp HealthCare Leaves Pioneer ACO Program
- MA an Insurance Proving Ground for Providers