10 pediatricians pull services from FL Medical Center
Pediatricians at White-Wilson Medical Center will no longer admit patients to Fort Walton Beach Medical Center.
On Friday, White-Wilson’s 10 pediatricians removed their privileges to admit or see patients at the hospital. They will admit patients only to Sacred Heart Children’s Hospital in Pensacola, according to a news release from White-Wilson.
“When pediatric hospitalization is necessary, it is usually due to a significant illness requiring comprehensive pediatric specialty care,” the statement said. “We believe this care can best be provided by a secondary and tertiary care center, such as Sacred Heart Children’s Hospital, where this specialty care is readily available.”
- $6.4B Henry Ford, Beaumont Merger Failed on Cultural Hurdles
- House Lawmakers Grill CMS Over Health Exchange Navigators
- Fortunately, Angelina Jolie Isn't On Medicare
- Don't Let Nurses Sink Your Bottom Line
- Uncompensated Care Faces a Double Hit in Some States
- How Chargemaster Data May Affect Hospital Revenue
- Hospital Pricing Transparency a Marketing Game Changer
- Primary Care Docs Average More Hospital Revenue Than Specialists
- ED Physicians Key to Half of Hospital Admissions
- Hospitals Profit On Bloodstream Infections