10 pediatricians pull services from FL Medical Center
Pediatricians at White-Wilson Medical Center will no longer admit patients to Fort Walton Beach Medical Center.
On Friday, White-Wilson’s 10 pediatricians removed their privileges to admit or see patients at the hospital. They will admit patients only to Sacred Heart Children’s Hospital in Pensacola, according to a news release from White-Wilson.
“When pediatric hospitalization is necessary, it is usually due to a significant illness requiring comprehensive pediatric specialty care,” the statement said. “We believe this care can best be provided by a secondary and tertiary care center, such as Sacred Heart Children’s Hospital, where this specialty care is readily available.”
- MU Compliance Announcement Sparks Concern, Confusion
- New G-Codes to Pay Doctors for Broad Array of Non-Face-to-Face Care
- Scary Financial Challenges for 2014
- Telehealth Improves Patient Care in ICUs
- CMS Sets 2014 Pay Rates for Hospital Outpatient and Physician Services
- MGMA Urges 'End-to-End' ICD-10 Testing
- 1 in 5 CT Screenings for Lung Cancer Results in Overdiagnosis
- LifePoint Bolsters Presence in Michigan's Upper Peninsula
- States Rejecting Medicaid Expansion Forgo Billions in Federal Funds
- Douglas Hawthorne—A Chance to Do Something Big