Omnicare [OH] undergoing top-down makeover
Omnicare Inc. may be the nation's largest provider of pharmaceutical care for the elderly, but it's operated for nearly three decades with few of the internal administrative and financial controls typical of nearly every other Fortune 500 firm.
Correcting those lapses is the first challenge confronting new leadership at the company in the wake of the abrupt retirement in July of long-time CEO Joel Gemunder.
In their first media interviews since Gemunder's surprise exit, interim CEO James "Denny" Shelton and CFO John Workman talked candidly about problems of the past and their ideas for the $6.1 billion firm's future.
- MU Compliance Announcement Sparks Concern, Confusion
- New G-Codes to Pay Doctors for Broad Array of Non-Face-to-Face Care
- Scary Financial Challenges for 2014
- MGMA Urges 'End-to-End' ICD-10 Testing
- Resisting the Healthcare Consolidation Frenzy
- 1 in 5 CT Screenings for Lung Cancer Results in Overdiagnosis
- LifePoint Bolsters Presence in Michigan's Upper Peninsula
- Give Nurses in Wheelchairs a Chance
- Telehealth Improves Patient Care in ICUs
- CMS Sets 2014 Pay Rates for Hospital Outpatient and Physician Services