Nurses picket Eastern Maine Medical Center
Off-duty registered nurses covered by the union contract at Eastern Maine Medical Center picketed the hospital Monday.
The purpose of the demonstration was “informational,” according to Vanessa Sylvester of the Maine State Nurses Association, intended to raise public awareness of ongoing contract negotiations between the nurses and the hospital administration.
Hospital officials said patient care and other operations at EMMC will not be affected by the picketing.
- 1 in 5 Eligible Hospitals Penalized for HACs
- 'Mega Boards' Could be Rural Healthcare Disruptor
- A Christmas Wish List for US Healthcare
- 12 Hires to Keep Your Hospital Out of Trouble
- Meaningful Use Payment Adjustments Begin
- Dr. Oz gets fact-checked and the results aren't pretty
- HL20: Rebecca Katz—Cooking Up Sustainable Nourishment
- HL20: Lee Aase—Who's Behind @MayoClinic
- Two-Midnight Rule Will Cost Hospitals Big
- Top 3 Nursing Lessons of 2014