Duke police probing death at university hospital
Duke University police are investigating a patient's death at Duke Hospital after a physician raised concerns about how the woman died.
Multiple media outlets reported Wednesday that search warrants in the case say 30-year-old Cheryl Lynn Suber of Garner died at the hospital on Oct. 5.
The warrants say a visitor to Suber's room asked a nurse to check on the woman. Hospital staff found that she had gone into cardiac arrest, and they discovered a syringe in her bed with an unknown dark-colored liquid.
- Two-Midnight Rule Must be Fixed or Replaced, Say Providers
- CDC Warns of Antibiotic Overuse in Hospitals
- AHRQ: Surgical Admissions Bring 48% of Hospital Revenue
- Care Coordination Tough to Define, Measure
- HIMSS: Software Bugs, Shifting Alliances Unsettling for CIOs
- Hospitals Adapting Amid Continued Drug Shortages
- Evidence-Based Practice and Nursing Research: Avoiding Confusion
- Steep Drop Seen in Medically Unnecessary C-Sections
- SCOTUS Review of NC Board Case 'A Very Big Deal' to Providers
- As Allegations Swirl, Baylor Plano Rejects Baldrige Award