Lakeland Surgical CEO Dave Daniel wins APIC award
Dave Daniel's determination to eliminate infections at Lakeland Surgical and Diagnostic Center gives him the tenacity of a private investigator.
The ambulatory surgery center's chief executive officer sometimes shows up during the night to make sure the housekeeping crew uses the appropriate cleaning supplies. Daniel, who joined the center nearly four years ago, commonly sits in a waiting room, lifts a newspaper to his face and listens to how new front office staff interact with patients and families.
- As Medicare Advantage Cuts Loom, Disagreement Over Program's Stability
- Medicare Advantage Carriers See 'No Choice' But to Accept Cuts
- 3 Management Lessons from a Supermarket Debacle
- Physicians to Appeal 'Docs v. Glocks' Ruling in FL
- Centralizing the Revenue Cycle Protects the Bottom Line
- CA Fines 8 Hospitals for Medical Errors
- Revenue Cycles Get a Boost from Simple JPEG Files
- Doctors Feel Pressure to Accept Risk-based Reimbursement
- Employers Weigh Risks, Benefits of Private Exchanges
- Surgical Checklists Unused in 10% of Hospitals, CMS Data Shows