Lakeland Surgical CEO Dave Daniel wins APIC award
Dave Daniel's determination to eliminate infections at Lakeland Surgical and Diagnostic Center gives him the tenacity of a private investigator.
The ambulatory surgery center's chief executive officer sometimes shows up during the night to make sure the housekeeping crew uses the appropriate cleaning supplies. Daniel, who joined the center nearly four years ago, commonly sits in a waiting room, lifts a newspaper to his face and listens to how new front office staff interact with patients and families.
- CDC Warns of Antibiotic Overuse in Hospitals
- Two-Midnight Rule Must be Fixed or Replaced, Say Providers
- Care Coordination Tough to Define, Measure
- Don't Underestimate Emotional Intelligence
- The Secret to Physician Engagement? It's Not Better Pay
- SCOTUS Review of NC Board Case 'A Very Big Deal' to Providers
- Yale New Haven Health Partners with Tenet Healthcare in CT
- Evidence-Based Practice and Nursing Research: Avoiding Confusion
- Physicians Take SGR Repeal Message to Washington
- Size Matters in Antibiotic Overuse