Lakeland Surgical CEO Dave Daniel wins APIC award
Dave Daniel's determination to eliminate infections at Lakeland Surgical and Diagnostic Center gives him the tenacity of a private investigator.
The ambulatory surgery center's chief executive officer sometimes shows up during the night to make sure the housekeeping crew uses the appropriate cleaning supplies. Daniel, who joined the center nearly four years ago, commonly sits in a waiting room, lifts a newspaper to his face and listens to how new front office staff interact with patients and families.
- 1 in 5 Eligible Hospitals Penalized for HACs
- 'Mega Boards' Could be Rural Healthcare Disruptor
- A Christmas Wish List for US Healthcare
- 12 Hires to Keep Your Hospital Out of Trouble
- Meaningful Use Payment Adjustments Begin
- Dr. Oz gets fact-checked and the results aren't pretty
- HL20: Rebecca Katz—Cooking Up Sustainable Nourishment
- HL20: Lee Aase—Who's Behind @MayoClinic
- Two-Midnight Rule Will Cost Hospitals Big
- Top 3 Nursing Lessons of 2014