Hospitals competing to sign up Triangle's doctors
Triangle hospitals are racing to take over local physicians' practices.
In one of the largest examples, the UNC Health Care System finalized a deal late Friday to affiliate with Wake Heart & Vascular Associates, a huge cardiology practice in Wake County long associated with WakeMed. It's part of UNC's bigger push to expand its heart business.
UNC, WakeMed and the Duke University Health System have formed similar partnerships with dozens of local physicians this year.
- CNO Leads $1M Charge for New Scrubs, Uniforms
- Sharp HealthCare Leaves Pioneer ACO Program
- Targeting Self-Insured Populations
- MA an Insurance Proving Ground for Providers
- Acute Kidney Injury Gets New Focus
- mHealth Tackles Readmissions
- 'Kafkaesque' Value System Unfairly Penalizes Doctor Pay
- States Without Medicaid Expansion Search for Alternatives
- Half of All Primary Care, Internal Medicine Jobs Unfilled in 2013
- Interventional Radiology No Longer a Sub-Specialty