Hospitals competing to sign up Triangle's doctors
Triangle hospitals are racing to take over local physicians' practices.
In one of the largest examples, the UNC Health Care System finalized a deal late Friday to affiliate with Wake Heart & Vascular Associates, a huge cardiology practice in Wake County long associated with WakeMed. It's part of UNC's bigger push to expand its heart business.
UNC, WakeMed and the Duke University Health System have formed similar partnerships with dozens of local physicians this year.
- How One Health System Saved $3.5M in Benefits Costs
- Ebola: Lawmakers, Healthcare Leaders Clash Over Quarantines
- Federal Appeals Court Mulls Observation Status
- How the Military's EHR Reboot Will Impact Interoperability
- HCA to Acquire CareNow Urgent Care Centers
- Ebola: Nurses Demand 'Tools We Need' to Fight Infection
- 'Leadership Gap' Threatens MU Momentum, Says AMA
- Investing in Population Health Strategies Creates Financial Risk
- Evidence-Based Practice and Nursing Research: Avoiding Confusion
- BCBS Tries New Drug Contracting Model