Hospitals competing to sign up Triangle's doctors
Triangle hospitals are racing to take over local physicians' practices.
In one of the largest examples, the UNC Health Care System finalized a deal late Friday to affiliate with Wake Heart & Vascular Associates, a huge cardiology practice in Wake County long associated with WakeMed. It's part of UNC's bigger push to expand its heart business.
UNC, WakeMed and the Duke University Health System have formed similar partnerships with dozens of local physicians this year.
- Few Winners Among MSSP Participants
- Technology Lights Up Health Innovation Forum
- NCQA Releases Annual Health Plan Rankings
- Data Points to Boom in Private HIX
- Anthem Blue Cross, 7 CA Health Systems Create New Challenger, Business Model
- How much does that x-ray cost? You can find out in NH
- When a hospital closes
- EHR Systems 'Immature, Costly,' AMA Says
- Administration: 7.3M now enrolled in Obamacare
- US health system among least efficient before Obamacare