Hospitals competing to sign up Triangle's doctors
Triangle hospitals are racing to take over local physicians' practices.
In one of the largest examples, the UNC Health Care System finalized a deal late Friday to affiliate with Wake Heart & Vascular Associates, a huge cardiology practice in Wake County long associated with WakeMed. It's part of UNC's bigger push to expand its heart business.
UNC, WakeMed and the Duke University Health System have formed similar partnerships with dozens of local physicians this year.
- 1 in 5 Eligible Hospitals Penalized for HACs
- 'Mega Boards' Could be Rural Healthcare Disruptor
- A Christmas Wish List for US Healthcare
- 12 Hires to Keep Your Hospital Out of Trouble
- Meaningful Use Payment Adjustments Begin
- HL20: Lee Aase—Who's Behind @MayoClinic
- HL20: Rebecca Katz—Cooking Up Sustainable Nourishment
- Two-Midnight Rule Will Cost Hospitals Big
- Dr. Oz gets fact-checked and the results aren't pretty
- Top 3 Nursing Lessons of 2014