Geisinger head: Scranton partnership possible in two-hospital market
Geisinger Health System would only be interested in a partnership with a Scranton hospital if the city had a two-hospital market, said president and chief executive officer Dr. Glenn Steele.
"We think that's a two-hospital market, not a three-hospital market. We're not interested in putting our balance sheet in a battle of attrition of three hospitals beating up on each other," Steele said during an editorial board meeting Tuesday.
Mercy Hospital, Community Medical Center and Moses Taylor Hospital are in Scranton.
- MU Compliance Announcement Sparks Concern, Confusion
- New G-Codes to Pay Doctors for Broad Array of Non-Face-to-Face Care
- Scary Financial Challenges for 2014
- MGMA Urges 'End-to-End' ICD-10 Testing
- Resisting the Healthcare Consolidation Frenzy
- 1 in 5 CT Screenings for Lung Cancer Results in Overdiagnosis
- LifePoint Bolsters Presence in Michigan's Upper Peninsula
- Give Nurses in Wheelchairs a Chance
- CMS Sets 2014 Pay Rates for Hospital Outpatient and Physician Services
- Telehealth Improves Patient Care in ICUs