Blood-infection data rates MD hospitals
Health care data newly available online comprises part of a larger initiative aimed at saving lives.
The Maryland Health Care Commission is tracking occurrences of a certain type of bloodstream infection at Maryland hospitals.Central Line-Associated Blood Stream Infections can occur when bacteria travels through a catheter used to administer medications or obtain blood samples for testing and enters the bloodstream. The preventable infection can be fatal.
- Resisting the Healthcare Consolidation Frenzy
- MGMA Urges 'End-to-End' ICD-10 Testing
- 1 in 5 CT Screenings for Lung Cancer Results in Overdiagnosis
- New G-Codes to Pay Doctors for Broad Array of Non-Face-to-Face Care
- Scary Financial Challenges for 2014
- Give Nurses in Wheelchairs a Chance
- MU Compliance Announcement Sparks Concern, Confusion
- 3 Better Ways to Market Bariatric Surgery
- HL20: George Halvorson—Expectations for Success
- Top 3 Health Plan Game Changers of 2013