Blood-infection data rates MD hospitals
Health care data newly available online comprises part of a larger initiative aimed at saving lives.
The Maryland Health Care Commission is tracking occurrences of a certain type of bloodstream infection at Maryland hospitals.Central Line-Associated Blood Stream Infections can occur when bacteria travels through a catheter used to administer medications or obtain blood samples for testing and enters the bloodstream. The preventable infection can be fatal.
- Primary Care Docs Average More Hospital Revenue Than Specialists
- 69% of Employers Plan to Offer Healthcare Coverage After 2014
- How Chargemaster Data May Affect Hospital Revenue
- Building a Better Healthcare Board
- Q&A: Catholic Health Initiatives' New Senior VP for Capital Finance
- ED Physicians Key to Half of Hospital Admissions
- Hospital Pricing Irks Nurses; More Jobs, Less Pay
- Insurer's App Aims to Lower Healthcare Costs, Securely
- Don't Let Nurses Sink Your Bottom Line
- Quiet ORs Better for Patient Safety