Blood-infection data rates MD hospitals
Health care data newly available online comprises part of a larger initiative aimed at saving lives.
The Maryland Health Care Commission is tracking occurrences of a certain type of bloodstream infection at Maryland hospitals.Central Line-Associated Blood Stream Infections can occur when bacteria travels through a catheter used to administer medications or obtain blood samples for testing and enters the bloodstream. The preventable infection can be fatal.
- Two-Midnight Rule Must be Fixed or Replaced, Say Providers
- CDC Warns of Antibiotic Overuse in Hospitals
- AHRQ: Surgical Admissions Bring 48% of Hospital Revenue
- Care Coordination Tough to Define, Measure
- HIMSS: Software Bugs, Shifting Alliances Unsettling for CIOs
- Hospitals Adapting Amid Continued Drug Shortages
- Evidence-Based Practice and Nursing Research: Avoiding Confusion
- Steep Drop Seen in Medically Unnecessary C-Sections
- SCOTUS Review of NC Board Case 'A Very Big Deal' to Providers
- As Allegations Swirl, Baylor Plano Rejects Baldrige Award