Napa State Hospital psychiatric worker slain
A mentally ill patient with a long criminal history was arrested Sunday morning on charges that he robbed and killed a veteran employee at Napa State Hospital.
The body of Donna Gross, a 54-year-old psychiatric technician from Concord who had worked at the hospital for 14 years, was found at 6:10 p.m. Saturday in a courtyard on the grounds. The staff became concerned when she failed to return to her unit from a dinner break.
Jess Willard Massey, 37, allegedly confronted Gross while the two walked on a well-traveled path used by staff and patients.
- Few Winners Among MSSP Participants
- Technology Lights Up Health Innovation Forum
- Anthem Blue Cross, 7 CA Health Systems Create New Challenger, Business Model
- Data Points to Boom in Private HIX
- EHR Systems 'Immature, Costly,' AMA Says
- NCQA Releases Annual Health Plan Rankings
- How much does that x-ray cost? You can find out in NH
- Interstate Medical Licensure Effort Advances
- Malnourishment 'Epidemic' Plagues Hospitals? Really?
- When a hospital closes