CCHC to buy Bayside Surgical Center (MA)
Cape Cod Healthcare has reached an agreement to purchase the physician-owned Bayside Surgical Center in North Falmouth, the medical facility announded last month. The agreement was effective Oct. 1.
Under the agreement, the facility will operate as a hospital-licensed outpatient center. In order to comply with licensure requirements, renovations to the facility need to be completed to bring it up to hospital code. The center is expected to open in early 2011.
During the interim period, while renovations are being completed, all cases that have historically been done at Bayside will be performed at Falmouth Hospital. These include outpatient cases such as orthopedic, surgical and gastrointestinal procedures.
- As Medicare Advantage Cuts Loom, Disagreement Over Program's Stability
- Medicare Advantage Carriers See 'No Choice' But to Accept Cuts
- Centralizing the Revenue Cycle Protects the Bottom Line
- CA Fines 8 Hospitals for Medical Errors
- Physicians to Appeal 'Docs v. Glocks' Ruling in FL
- Doctors Feel Pressure to Accept Risk-based Reimbursement
- Surgical Checklists Unused in 10% of Hospitals, CMS Data Shows
- Employers Weigh Risks, Benefits of Private Exchanges
- 3 Management Lessons from a Supermarket Debacle
- A Fresh Look at End-of-Life Care