CCHC to buy Bayside Surgical Center (MA)
Cape Cod Healthcare has reached an agreement to purchase the physician-owned Bayside Surgical Center in North Falmouth, the medical facility announded last month. The agreement was effective Oct. 1.
Under the agreement, the facility will operate as a hospital-licensed outpatient center. In order to comply with licensure requirements, renovations to the facility need to be completed to bring it up to hospital code. The center is expected to open in early 2011.
During the interim period, while renovations are being completed, all cases that have historically been done at Bayside will be performed at Falmouth Hospital. These include outpatient cases such as orthopedic, surgical and gastrointestinal procedures.
- CFO Exchange: Smartphones Poised to Disrupt Healthcare, Says Topol
- Consumerism Drives Healthcare Branding, Rebranding Efforts
- PA Ranks See 'Phenomenal Growth,' Lack of Diversity
- 3 Traits Personality Assessments Can't Reveal
- CNO on Hospital Redesign: 'You Can't Over-Communicate'
- How Digital Strategy Shapes Patient Engagement at Boston Children's Hospital
- Antibiotic Overuse a 'Huge Threat' to Patient Safety, Says CDC
- Carondelet to Pay $35M to Settle Fraud Allegations
- Half of All Primary Care, Internal Medicine Jobs Unfilled in 2013
- CHS Hacked, 4.5M Patient Records Compromised