Doctors Co. buys American Physicians Capital for $386M
The Doctors Co., the largest medical malpractice insurer nationwide, said late Friday that it has completed the $386 million purchase of publicly traded American Physicians Capital Inc., parent of American Physicians Assurance Corp.
The big medical malpractice insurance deal was originally announced in July.
American Physicians, based in East Lansing, Mich., provides liability coverage to physicians in Illinois, Michigan, New Mexico and Ohio. Terms of the deal haven't been disclosed by the Doctors Co., but other sources, including its attorneys at Farella Braun + Martel in San Francisco, have released the data.
- CMS Sets 2014 Pay Rates for Hospital Outpatient and Physician Services
- FDA hopes hospitals will switch to newly regulated pharmacies
- Not-for-Profit Hospitals Find Opportunity Amid Uncertainty
- The 5 Biggest Healthcare Finance Trouble Spots
- The Most Polarizing Topics in Healthcare IT
- Why You Should Involve Patients in Nursing Handoffs
- How CPOE Will Make Healthcare Smarter
- Nonprofit Hospital Outlook 'Negative' in 2014
- States Rejecting Medicaid Expansion Forgo Billions in Federal Funds
- New G-Code to Pay Doctors for Broad Array of Non-Face-to-Face Care