Doctors Co. buys American Physicians Capital for $386M
The Doctors Co., the largest medical malpractice insurer nationwide, said late Friday that it has completed the $386 million purchase of publicly traded American Physicians Capital Inc., parent of American Physicians Assurance Corp.
The big medical malpractice insurance deal was originally announced in July.
American Physicians, based in East Lansing, Mich., provides liability coverage to physicians in Illinois, Michigan, New Mexico and Ohio. Terms of the deal haven't been disclosed by the Doctors Co., but other sources, including its attorneys at Farella Braun + Martel in San Francisco, have released the data.
- EHR Systems 'Immature, Costly,' AMA Says
- Better HCAHPS Scores Protect Revenue
- Anthem Blue Cross, 7 CA Health Systems Create New Challenger, Business Model
- Interstate Medical Licensure Effort Advances
- Narrow Networks Cut Costs, Not Quality, Economists Say
- CEO Exchange: Preparing for Population Health
- Data Points to Boom in Private HIX
- How to Build a Health Plan from Scratch
- 'Early Offer' Malpractice Programs May Spur Reform
- Insurers see cost hikes in Partners HealthCare (MA) mergers