Nurses locked out until Friday
When the morning shift of Watsonville Community Hospital nurses returned Wednesday after a 24-hour strike, they learned they had been locked out by hospital administrators, and will be unable to clock back in until Friday.
In an undated, unsigned letter given to them by hospital security staff, the nurses were informed that their shifts would be covered by temporary nurses, and that they were to return to work starting Friday.
- CNO Leads $1M Charge for New Scrubs, Uniforms
- Targeting Self-Insured Populations
- Sharp HealthCare Leaves Pioneer ACO Program
- MA an Insurance Proving Ground for Providers
- Acute Kidney Injury Gets New Focus
- mHealth Tackles Readmissions
- 'Kafkaesque' Value System Unfairly Penalizes Doctor Pay
- States Without Medicaid Expansion Search for Alternatives
- Half of All Primary Care, Internal Medicine Jobs Unfilled in 2013
- Interventional Radiology No Longer a Sub-Specialty