Nurses locked out until Friday
When the morning shift of Watsonville Community Hospital nurses returned Wednesday after a 24-hour strike, they learned they had been locked out by hospital administrators, and will be unable to clock back in until Friday.
In an undated, unsigned letter given to them by hospital security staff, the nurses were informed that their shifts would be covered by temporary nurses, and that they were to return to work starting Friday.
- EHR Systems 'Immature, Costly,' AMA Says
- Anthem Blue Cross, 7 CA Health Systems Create New Challenger, Business Model
- Interstate Medical Licensure Effort Advances
- Data Points to Boom in Private HIX
- Better HCAHPS Scores Protect Revenue
- How to Build a Health Plan from Scratch
- Few Winners Among MSSP Participants
- Technology Lights Up Health Innovation Forum
- Insurers see cost hikes in Partners HealthCare (MA) mergers
- Programs focus on high-risk patients to reduce spending