GE, UPMC announce digital pathology breakthrough
Omnyx, a joint-venture launched in 2008 by GE and University of Pittsburgh Medical Center, has started to ship for testing by several leading medical institutions in the U.S. and Canada, new integrated digital pathology technology that boosts collaboration between clinicians and reduces turnaround times for patient tests.
GE and UPMC heralded the Omnyx announcement as a "breakthrough" that will help revolutionize the 125-year practice of pathologists viewing glass slides under a microscope.
- CVS Ramps Up Retail Clinics with Provider Affiliations
- 4 Tectonic Shifts Shaking Up Healthcare
- Drug Pricing 'Tantamount to Greed,' Lawmaker Says
- Contradictory Obamacare Rulings Issued by Appellate Courts
- Study Puts Spotlight on Preventing Fall-Related Injuries
- Wanted: Nurse PhDs
- As HIPAA Breaches Accelerate, Tools Lag
- Roundtable: Life After a Healthcare Organization Acquisition
- The Infection-Busting Treatment Payers Don’t Want to Talk About
- Medical Errors Third Leading Cause of Death, Senators Told