GE, UPMC announce digital pathology breakthrough
Omnyx, a joint-venture launched in 2008 by GE and University of Pittsburgh Medical Center, has started to ship for testing by several leading medical institutions in the U.S. and Canada, new integrated digital pathology technology that boosts collaboration between clinicians and reduces turnaround times for patient tests.
GE and UPMC heralded the Omnyx announcement as a "breakthrough" that will help revolutionize the 125-year practice of pathologists viewing glass slides under a microscope.
- CNO Leads $1M Charge for New Scrubs, Uniforms
- Targeting Self-Insured Populations
- Sharp HealthCare Leaves Pioneer ACO Program
- MA an Insurance Proving Ground for Providers
- Acute Kidney Injury Gets New Focus
- mHealth Tackles Readmissions
- 'Kafkaesque' Value System Unfairly Penalizes Doctor Pay
- States Without Medicaid Expansion Search for Alternatives
- Some Cancer Hospitals' Quality Data Will Soon Be Public
- Half of All Primary Care, Internal Medicine Jobs Unfilled in 2013