City-hired plastic surgeon earned $330k while on administrative leave
A plastic surgeon hired by the District's juvenile justice agency earned $330,000 over the past two years to not work, placed on administrative leave because officials determined he did not have the credentials to provide medical services to the agency's jailed youth.
That doctor, along with two others, has now been laid off as part of a Department of Youth Rehabilitation Services reorganization designed to cut $400,000 from the agency's spending, city officials told The Washington Examiner.
- Surgical Checklists Unused in 10% of Hospitals, CMS Data Shows
- Doctors Feel Pressure to Accept Risk-based Reimbursement
- Roundtable: To Arrest HAIs, Culture Trumps Campaigns
- Wanted: Nurse PhDs
- 4 Tectonic Shifts Shaking Up Healthcare
- Slideshow: Healthcare Leaders Name IT Spending Priorities
- A Fresh Look at End-of-Life Care
- 3 in 4 Patients Want E-mail Consultations
- New Orleans East Hospital opens quietly, still seeking accreditation
- CVS Ramps Up Retail Clinics with Provider Affiliations