Former FL hospital executive indicted for Medicaid fraud
The former President and CEO of Archbold Memorial Hospital is indicted for Medicare and Medicaid fraud.
Authorities say Ken Beverly falsified and submitted fraudulent documents to the Georgia Department of Community Health. Last night a federal grand jury indicted Beverly on six counts of fraud.
A statement released by Beverly's attorney says, "He was not involved in any attempt to submit fraudulent documents to the Georgia Department of Community Health. Almost two years ago, Ken willingly participated in – and passed – a polygraph examination. These test results were provided to the Federal Bureau of Investigation and to the Department of Justice".
- CVS Ramps Up Retail Clinics with Provider Affiliations
- 4 Tectonic Shifts Shaking Up Healthcare
- As States Regulate Provider Competition, Common Threads Emerge
- Medical Errors Third Leading Cause of Death, Senators Told
- Contradictory Obamacare Rulings Issued by Appellate Courts
- As HIPAA Breaches Accelerate, Tools Lag
- Study Puts Spotlight on Preventing Fall-Related Injuries
- Roundtable: Life After a Healthcare Organization Acquisition
- Wanted: Nurse PhDs
- Recruiting Retired Clinicians