Former FL hospital executive indicted for Medicaid fraud
The former President and CEO of Archbold Memorial Hospital is indicted for Medicare and Medicaid fraud.
Authorities say Ken Beverly falsified and submitted fraudulent documents to the Georgia Department of Community Health. Last night a federal grand jury indicted Beverly on six counts of fraud.
A statement released by Beverly's attorney says, "He was not involved in any attempt to submit fraudulent documents to the Georgia Department of Community Health. Almost two years ago, Ken willingly participated in – and passed – a polygraph examination. These test results were provided to the Federal Bureau of Investigation and to the Department of Justice".
- 'Kafkaesque' Value System Unfairly Penalizes Doctor Pay
- Proton Beam Therapy Poised for Growth in US
- mHealth Tackles Readmissions
- CNO Leads $1M Charge for New Scrubs, Uniforms
- Some Cancer Hospitals' Quality Data Will Soon Be Public
- 4 Crucial Tactics for Reining in Healthcare Cost
- Targeting Self-Insured Populations
- How Digital Strategy Shapes Patient Engagement at Boston Children's Hospital
- MA an Insurance Proving Ground for Providers
- How, and Why, to Recruit Male Nurses