Former FL hospital executive indicted for Medicaid fraud
The former President and CEO of Archbold Memorial Hospital is indicted for Medicare and Medicaid fraud.
Authorities say Ken Beverly falsified and submitted fraudulent documents to the Georgia Department of Community Health. Last night a federal grand jury indicted Beverly on six counts of fraud.
A statement released by Beverly's attorney says, "He was not involved in any attempt to submit fraudulent documents to the Georgia Department of Community Health. Almost two years ago, Ken willingly participated in – and passed – a polygraph examination. These test results were provided to the Federal Bureau of Investigation and to the Department of Justice".
- Ratcheting Up Patient Experience Has a Downside
- Narrow Networks Enjoying a Resurgence
- 'Mega Boards' Could be Rural Healthcare Disruptor
- 12 Hires to Keep Your Hospital Out of Trouble
- Meaningful Use Payment Adjustments Begin
- HL20: Lee Aase—Who's Behind @MayoClinic
- HL20: Anne Wojcicki—Unlocking Consumer Access to Genetics
- Taming Time and Moving Healthcare Data
- Christmas Tree Syndrome Season Underway
- Top 3 Nursing Lessons of 2014