Italy doctors jailed for ’clinic of horrors’ operations
The doctors, who were working at Milan's Santa Rita clinic, carried out more than 80 unnecessary operations.
The surgery included breast and lung removal, La Repubblica newspaper reports.
The clinic's chief thoracic consultant, Pier Paola Brega Massone, was sentenced to 15-and-a-half years for his role.
In sentencing, the judge said Berga Massone was "cruel, malevolent and lacking the slightest sense of human pity".
- Patient Harm Data to Remain on Medicare's Hospital Compare Site
- Quiet ORs Better for Patient Safety
- Tavenner Confirmed as CMS Administrator
- Leapfrog Hospital Safety Scores 'Depressing'
- CMS Seeks to 'Rapidly Reduce' Medicare Spending with $1B in Grants
- Building a Better Healthcare Board
- Hard-Nosed About Physician Teamwork
- Healthcare Leaders Sound Off on Organized Labor
- Case Study: Advance Care Conversations
- Esther Dyson's Population Health Dream