Nurses union reports unsafe understaffing at Washington Hospital Center
In a 19-page report filed with the department, National Nurses United documented 50 instances of what it described as unsafe patient care this year in all departments in the hospital. No deaths were reported.
The reports describe instances of patients not receiving medication on time, newborn infants not being fed promptly and a patient who was rushed back to the operating room after the patient had stopped breathing and suffered cardiac arrest. The union did not know whether the patient survived.
- Ratcheting Up Patient Experience Has a Downside
- Narrow Networks Enjoying a Resurgence
- 'Mega Boards' Could be Rural Healthcare Disruptor
- 12 Hires to Keep Your Hospital Out of Trouble
- Meaningful Use Payment Adjustments Begin
- HL20: Lee Aase—Who's Behind @MayoClinic
- HL20: Anne Wojcicki—Unlocking Consumer Access to Genetics
- Taming Time and Moving Healthcare Data
- Christmas Tree Syndrome Season Underway
- Physicians Trained in High-Cost Regions Spend More