WellStar sued over nurse's alleged sexual assaults
Last month, five patients filed a lawsuit against WellStar Health System, which operates Cobb Hospital, saying the health care system neglected to properly monitor them in the operating room. The husbands of three of the patients joined in the lawsuit.
According to the complaint, four of the women were giving birth by Cesarean section. Serdula is accused of over-sedating them, rendering them unconscious. He then allegedly exposed himself and molested them after their babies were born and whisked away.
- How Chargemaster Data May Affect Hospital Revenue
- $6.4B Henry Ford, Beaumont Merger Failed on Cultural Hurdles
- Primary Care Docs Average More Hospital Revenue Than Specialists
- House Lawmakers Grill CMS Over Health Exchange Navigators
- Fortunately, Angelina Jolie Isn't On Medicare
- ED Physicians Key to Half of Hospital Admissions
- Don't Let Nurses Sink Your Bottom Line
- Insurer's App Aims to Lower Healthcare Costs, Securely
- 69% of Employers Plan to Offer Healthcare Coverage After 2014
- Building a Better Healthcare Board