WellStar sued over nurse's alleged sexual assaults
Last month, five patients filed a lawsuit against WellStar Health System, which operates Cobb Hospital, saying the health care system neglected to properly monitor them in the operating room. The husbands of three of the patients joined in the lawsuit.
According to the complaint, four of the women were giving birth by Cesarean section. Serdula is accused of over-sedating them, rendering them unconscious. He then allegedly exposed himself and molested them after their babies were born and whisked away.
- 'Kafkaesque' Value System Unfairly Penalizes Doctor Pay
- Proton Beam Therapy Poised for Growth in US
- mHealth Tackles Readmissions
- CNO Leads $1M Charge for New Scrubs, Uniforms
- Targeting Self-Insured Populations
- Some Cancer Hospitals' Quality Data Will Soon Be Public
- MA an Insurance Proving Ground for Providers
- 4 Crucial Tactics for Reining in Healthcare Cost
- How Digital Strategy Shapes Patient Engagement at Boston Children's Hospital
- Docs Fret as HHS Addresses Malpractice Reporting 'Loopholes'