St. Clare's Health System (NJ) cuts 118 jobs
St. Clare's Health System announced the layoffs of 79 employees Wednesday, victims of a bad economy that has reduced patient volume, increased the number of people who can't pay their bills and lowered reimbursement rates from insurance companies and Medicare.
The system said an additional 39 vacant positions won't be filled, producing a total of 118 job cuts.
- CVS Ramps Up Retail Clinics with Provider Affiliations
- Medical Errors Third Leading Cause of Death, Senators Told
- 4 Tectonic Shifts Shaking Up Healthcare
- As States Regulate Provider Competition, Common Threads Emerge
- Chronic Disease Care Costs Get Bipartisan Attention
- CareFirst Announces PCMH Program Results
- Mayo Tops U.S. News Best Hospitals Rankings
- Hospitals Seeking to Understand PPACA Impact Turn to Data
- Telemedicine Providers Welcome AMA Guidelines
- Recruiting Retired Clinicians