St. Clare's Health System (NJ) cuts 118 jobs
St. Clare's Health System announced the layoffs of 79 employees Wednesday, victims of a bad economy that has reduced patient volume, increased the number of people who can't pay their bills and lowered reimbursement rates from insurance companies and Medicare.
The system said an additional 39 vacant positions won't be filled, producing a total of 118 job cuts.
- Ebola: Health Officials Try to Quell Front Line Fears
- Readmissions: No Quick Fix to Costly Hospital Challenge
- Reducing Readmissions Starts with Better Collaboration
- Ebola: A New Normal in Dallas
- Defensive Medicine Still Prevalent Despite Tort Reform
- Partners HealthCare M&A Deal Under Scrutiny
- 'Overtreatment' Debate Circles Back to Lung Cancer Screening
- How Telehealth Pays Off for Providers, Patients
- How Educated Nurses Save Money
- Health Literacy Month Gets a Boost from Payers