St. Clare's Health System (NJ) cuts 118 jobs
St. Clare's Health System announced the layoffs of 79 employees Wednesday, victims of a bad economy that has reduced patient volume, increased the number of people who can't pay their bills and lowered reimbursement rates from insurance companies and Medicare.
The system said an additional 39 vacant positions won't be filled, producing a total of 118 job cuts.
- How Top-Ranked MA Plans Earn Their Stars
- Readmissions: No Quick Fix to Costly Hospital Challenge
- How Hospitals Can Become 'Upstreamists'
- 4 Ways to Lower the Cost to Collect from Self-Pay Patients
- House Calls Key to Pioneer ACO Success
- How Telehealth Pays Off for Providers, Patients
- 4 Tips for Managing Employed Physicians
- Defensive Medicine Still Prevalent Despite Tort Reform
- WellPoint Dominates Nearly Half of Markets, AMA Says
- 'Overtreatment' Debate Circles Back to Lung Cancer Screening