St. Clare's Health System (NJ) cuts 118 jobs
St. Clare's Health System announced the layoffs of 79 employees Wednesday, victims of a bad economy that has reduced patient volume, increased the number of people who can't pay their bills and lowered reimbursement rates from insurance companies and Medicare.
The system said an additional 39 vacant positions won't be filled, producing a total of 118 job cuts.
- As Medicare Advantage Cuts Loom, Disagreement Over Program's Stability
- Medicare Advantage Carriers See 'No Choice' But to Accept Cuts
- Physicians to Appeal 'Docs v. Glocks' Ruling in FL
- Centralizing the Revenue Cycle Protects the Bottom Line
- CA Fines 8 Hospitals for Medical Errors
- 3 Management Lessons from a Supermarket Debacle
- Doctors Feel Pressure to Accept Risk-based Reimbursement
- Employers Weigh Risks, Benefits of Private Exchanges
- Revenue Cycles Get a Boost from Simple JPEG Files
- Surgical Checklists Unused in 10% of Hospitals, CMS Data Shows